- Big news for the iPhone IOS7 is iTunes Radio, which lets you enter in an artist, song, or genre, and you will get a station that plays songs similar in nature. There are options to like the song, dislike it so it doesn’t play again, or buy it and add it to your iTunes music library. There’s an audio ad every 15 to 30 minutes, but it’s free customized radio so that isn’t a bad deal.
- Siri to the rescue! Siri has a new look and feel. It has more control of your phone. For example, you can ask Siri to turn on your Wi-Fi, open an app, or read aloud your text or email messages. You can change Siri’s gender now too. For making changes to Siri, go to Settings>General>Siri.
- You can try the new look versus the old look. If you don’t like the new look of IOS7, you can turn it off! It’s called the “parallax effect” and you can disable it by going to Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion.
- Shutting off your open apps has become streamlined. Just double-tap your home button and all the apps will show up. Swipe them upward to close. Easy breezy really.
- You can block your own contacts without going through the phone carrier. Open up the iPhone app>select Contacts>click the Info button>scroll to bottom and select Block Caller. It’s that simple.
- The new and improved camera app gives you options including video, panoramic photo, and square (Instagram style). You can also select from black and white to different scales of color.
- Notification Center improvements include being able to swipe down from the screen top to pull up data such as missed calls, texts, etc. You can also select “Today” and customize it to bring up weather, events, and more. Go to Settings>Notifications Center and make selections for your Today tab.
If you have any additional tips to share, please let us know below.