The odds of maternal infection increases with black race, non-transverse uterine incision and surgery longer than 49 minutes.
Mostly used in 2012 were fish oil, melatonin, pro- and prebiotics, acai and cranberry.
These were findings for patients after complete staging surgery.
There is a slightly increased maternal mortality ratio for weekend deliveries, researchers say.
Research suggests that obesity's effects on a pregnancy may begin before conception.
Researchers find that risks are higher if a woman has suffered an earlier bout of depression.
There was a reduced risk of anemia at 8 and 12 months for infants at high risk of iron deficiency anemia.
Few treatment programs deal with substance abuse in expectant moms, this federal report says.
A breast cancer vaccine developed at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis is safe in patients with metastatic breast cancer, results of an early clinical trial indicate.
Despicable is too kind a word to describe Dr. Kermit Gosnell. Some called him a cold-blooded killer. The state of Pennsylvania agreed with that description when they convicted the doctor on 3 counts of first-degree murder for slaughtering newborn babies and for the death of a woman who overdosed on painkillers following her abortion while under Gosnell's care.
Check out what's trending
Medical Bag Articles
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residents Lack Financial Know-How Despite Huge Debt
- Hypertension Over-Treatment Reduced with 30-Minute Office BP Monitoring
- Spouses Bereaving Suicides Have Increased Health Risks, Study Shows
- Norepinephrine Shortage Increased Septic Shock Mortality in 2011
- Infant Mortality Rates Decrease in United States From 2005 to 2014