Cognitive impairment is an especially worrisome adverse effect in older patients.
Screening rates remain low despite recommendations, researchers say.
The risk of early readmission from post-acute care facility decreases with longer LOS at index hospitalization.
Eleven-factor index predicts mortality with excellent calibration and discrimination.
Increase will be greatest among adults over 70, researchers say.
Acupressure on specific acupoints is linked to significantly improved scores on PSQI and SF-36.
A series of quality improvement interventions can increase the capture of advanced care directives in EMRs.
Computer use, crafting, social activities and video games all seem to improve brain health.
Even patients who quit in their 60s can add years to their lives, researchers find.
The cost of brand-name drugs for chronic conditions rose nearly 130 times faster than the inflation rate.
There was a reduction in ARIs, but an increase in falls, without higher fracture risk, among long-term care residents.
This study shows significant improvements in cognitive function, muscle strength and aerobic capacity with resistance training.
Check out what's trending
Medical Bag Articles
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residents Lack Financial Know-How Despite Huge Debt
- Hypertension Over-Treatment Reduced with 30-Minute Office BP Monitoring
- Spouses Bereaving Suicides Have Increased Health Risks, Study Shows
- Norepinephrine Shortage Increased Septic Shock Mortality in 2011
- Infant Mortality Rates Decrease in United States From 2005 to 2014