The cost of asthma totaled $81.9 billion in 2013, including missed work, mortality, medical costs.
Eighty-eight percent of telehealth visits for ARI were new utilization with an increase in net spending per user.
Association was strongest for the vitamin E isoform α-tocopherol, found in safflower and sunflower oils.
This group has 6 times the odds of dying from the illness compared to whites and Hispanics.
Adding exercise to a weight-loss program improves lung function and inflammatory biomarkers.
Supplementation is linked to a reduction in risk of persistent wheeze and asthma in offspring.
A lack of sleep was also tied to more frequent health visits for those with asthma.
Check out what's trending
Medical Bag Articles
- DOJ Rescinds Protections Afforded by Americans With Disabilities Act
- Bully for Us: Confronting Medicine's Bullying Problem
- Do Not Resuscitate: Examining the Ethics of Overriding DNR Orders During Surgery
- Politically Focused Thoughts, Behaviors Tied to Psychopathology
- FDA Cracks Down on Concentrated Caffeine Products